How to Make a Silk Paper Bouquet Collar – Demonstration Level
Published on December 6, 2020
Very light and fairy like, this silk paper collar and its arrangement are structured and creative. The decorative base helps support the bouquet by wrapping the flowers and giving it structure.
MATERIALS FOR THE SILK COLLAR
- Calibre 18 wire 404-096
- White silk paper 604-156
- Silver aluminum wire 404-190
- Hot glue 404-332
MATERIALS FOR THE BOUQUET
HOW TO BUILD THE COLLAR
- Shape your metallic wire in the form of a leaf. You can create a more angular or round shape depending on your needs.
- Cover your leaves with silk paper sheets coated with a mixture half water and half-white glue.
- Let dry.
- Once dried, cut down the excess of paper from each leaf. Follow the line created by the wire for an even shape, or create a pattern for an edgier style.
- Curve each leaf.
- Build a circular structure with wire and a ring of cardboard.
- Glue the leaves by alternating each of them to hide the cardboard.
- Keep your silk paper retails to use it in the bouquet if needed.