Published on August 29, 2022
Dahlia Wholesale Guide
Dahlia is a bulbous plant native to Central America. Very easy to grow, it comes in a multitude of colors that will enhance flowerbeds or beds. There are many varieties whose final size ranges from 30 cm (for dwarf varieties) to 2 m in height.
Dahlia has a rich symbolism: the flower represents wealth and elegance, but also love and involvement. This is a perfect flower to express your love! For the Aztecs, the Dahlia was a religious symbol, in addition to food, the flower was used in different types of ceremonies.
Colors, shapes and availability
How many beautiful colors do you want to have? There are so many choices, from the magnificent Black Fox to Café Au Lait.
Every year there are more and more choices. Not only in color, but also in petal and flower-head shape. Now there are more than 1000 species, and we can divide them into single and double flowering. Beautiful pompom and ball dahlias, or the totally different (semi) cactus Dahlias.
This flower always amazes you! Normally an autumn flower, but luckily for us now available from March to September.
Popular varieties of Dahlia
We've selected our favorite Dahlia varieties to give you a taste of our cooler and to inspire you to use these amazing flowers!
• Dahlia Pink Magic – Romance with a little spice, it's Pink Magic! With the almost hot pink color on the outer side of the petals, it looks like it is on fire.
• Dahlia Orange Fox – This pompom-like Dahlia exudes happy summer vibes!
• Dahlia Karma Sangria – With elongated petals that turn yellow on the inner part, and a beautiful coral-like pinkish color, Karma Sangria is a real eye-catcher.
• Dahlia Netty Yellow – This ball-shaped Dahlia variety has a friendly yellow color: not too bright, not too pastel. Combines very well with many other types of yellow flowers, such as Eremurus Moneymaker and Solidago Golden Glory!
• Dahlia Mister Fran – The bright orange color of this Dahlia variety makes it a perfect summer flower.
• Dahlia Light Wizard – Light Wizard's pure white will add a touch of elegance to every summer wedding bouquet.
• Dahlia Daisy Duke – The color of Daisy Duke makes us think of the sun setting on a sultry summer evening.
• Dahlia Black Fox – Black Fox has a deep burgundy red color and fits perfectly into bohemian floral designs.
• Dahlia Maarten Zwaan – This pretty white Dahlia is a classic: the familiar shape of the flower head will appeal to everyone. Truly one of our favorite Dahlia varieties!
• Dahlia Red Runner – Going for a full floral summer design that will burst with color? Red Runner cannot be missed; the bright red flower will certainly set the tone.
• Dahlia Ball Wizard of Oz – Another classic that literally fits into almost any summer floral design: Wizard of Oz. The accessible pink color combined with the friendly pom pom shape will make every customer love this flower.
• Dahlia Sebastian – Sebastian is also great to use in boho-spirited floral designs: the pale orange coral color makes this focal flower really stand out.
The dahlia needs a lot of water to flourish: the soil must always remain cool. It is watered at least once a week (2 to 3 times during periods of extreme heat or heat waves). The best time to water is in the morning, and care is always taken not to wet the foliage, but to water at the foot of the plant.